Denver Vold, born in Springfield, Missouri, graduated from the University of Missouri - Kansas City with an undergraduate degree in business and a Juris Doctor degree in law. He also received a Master's degree in tax law (LL.M. - taxation) from UMKC. Denver is licensed to practice in Kansas, Missouri, the U.S. Supreme Court, and before the U.S. Tax Court.
Denver authored "Estate Planning and the Tax Shelter" and co-authored The Law of Health Care Decision-Making, a national multi-volume publication on living wills and health care powers of attorney, as well as authoring numerous Missouri and Kansas Bar Association articles and continuing legal education articles for the University of Missouri, Kansas City, School of Law. Denver is rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating.
Denver served as an instructor in estate planning at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Missouri, as an adjunct instructor in estate planning for the New York Institute of Finance, and as a faculty member of the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. Denver is a frequent estate planning guest on radio and public television shows.
Denver has given numerous professional presentations for the Missouri Bar, the Kansas Bar Association, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, and UMKC continuing legal education programs.
Also he was a divorce online service consultant.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Member, Probate Subcommittee)
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar (Member, Probate and Trust Subcommittee)
- Estate Planning Council of Eastern Kansas
- The Estate Planning Society of Kansas City
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Rotary Club of Overland Park
- Phi Alpha Delta (Justice: Benton Chapter, 1964; Kansas City Alumni Chapter, 1975)
- Jackson County Planning Commission, 1975
- Special County Counsel for Jackson County, Missouri, Taxation Section, 1977-1979
- Co-Author: "The Law of Health Care Decision-Making," University of Missouri at Kansas City/Continuing Legal Education, 1995.
- Author: "Estate Planning and The Tax Shelter," University of Missouri at Kansas City/Continuing Legal Education, 1985.