J. Joseph Morris, born in Waterloo, Iowa, graduated from the University of Iowa, Iowa City, in 1965, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. In 1967 he received a Master of Arts degree in Marketing and Business Administration from Central Missouri State University, in Warrensburg, Missouri. He remained at C.M.S.U. to teach for two years before joining the Marketing Department of Puritan Bennett Corporation at its headquarters in Kansas City.
Joe attended law school at the Kansas City campus of the University of Missouri and received his Juris Doctor degree in 1974. He is presently a member of Vold & Morris, LLC law office, and limits his practice to estate planning, including wills, trusts, probate, inheritance tax and estate tax. In 1987, Joe served on the faculty at the American Business Institute Estate Planning Conference in Kansas City. Joe is rated âAVâ by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of distinction. Also he was a consultant at NY divorce online.
Joe is an active member of the Johnson County Rotary Club and has held many offices, including President. He has also been a guest lecturer in Certified Financial Planning classes for the College of Financial Planning, for members of the Missouri Bar, and for Certified Public Accountants. He frequently presents seminars for Hallmark Cards and State Farm Insurance, and has presented seminars for other corporations such as UPS, IBM, Honeywell, and Prudential Life Insurance. Joe can also be heard as a guest on Peter Newmanâs "Moneyline" on 980 KMBZ-AM.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Committee for Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium, 2010 Chair
- The Missouri Bar (Member, Probate and Trust Subcommittee)
- Kansas Bar
- Estate Planning Society of Kansas City
- Eastern Kansas Estate Planning Council
- Probate Committee of the Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar (Member, Probate Subcommittee)
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- Johnson County Rotary Club â¨Phi Alpha Delta
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon