Seamus Patrick Smith grew up in Overland Park, Kansas and received a B.A. in Business Administration (Concentration in Finance) from Benedictine College, a Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law and a LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. Seamus is currently an associate attorney with Vold & Morris, LLC, practicing in the areas of estate, business, and tax planning. Before joining Vold & Morris, LLC, Seamus worked for the tax and estate planning firm of Newbery, Ungerer & Hickert LLP as a law clerk and then as an associate attorney. Seamus is currently of counsel to Newbery, Ungerer & Hickert LLP. In addition, Seamus is an adjunct teacher of business and tax law at Benedictine College and can occasionally be heard as a guest on Peter Newman's "Moneyline" on 980 KMBZ-AM.
Seamus is admitted to practice law in the states of Kansas and Missouri and before the United States Tax Court.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Kansas Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Overland Park South Rotary Club
- NE Johnson County Chamber of Commerce
- IRA's Payable to Trusts: Allocation to Income and Eligibility for Marital Deduction as QTIP, 43rd Annual Kansas Tax Conference (2006)
- Creative Solutions for Outdated ILITS, 44th Annual Kansas Tax Conference (2007)